Kst - Source Code
Getting the code
- Pre-packaged source code can be found at SourceForge.
- Subversion source:
- Browse the Kst2 code online.
- Checkout anonymously:
"svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/work/kst/portto4/kst"
- Checkout with write access:
"svn co svn+ssh://YOUR_KDE_ACCOUNT_NAME@svn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/work/kst/portto4/kst"
To compile Kst 2, Qt libraries are the only required dependency. The recommended method is to use the QtCreator IDE from Nokia in combination with CMake.
When using this combination, all you have to do is download the source code and the tools, and then go to the File->Open menu in Qt Creator and open the CMakeLists.txt file in the cmake/ subdir of the root directory.
- The 2.0.4 release does not work out-of-the box with qmake (see this thread on the mailing list for the required changes or use revision 1253670). Qmake will very likely be deprecated at some point in the near future.
- Even though they are not required dependencies, you may want to check for the libraries listed in the next section prior to compiling Kst, as they will give you some benefits.
Links to used libraries
Kst uses a number of open-source libraries:
- The optional GNU Scientific Library, on which a lot of very useful data analysis plugins are based - a should-have!
- The optional GetData library, which provides support for files in the Dirfile format
- The optional NetCdf library, which provides support for files in the netCDF format
- The optional muParser library, which is used in the general non-linear fitting plugin
Need more help?
Then consider contacting us and we'll try to help.